Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Goldberg

Goldberg is very correct when she writes that people tend to write about things they have an obsession about whether it be about things that haunt them or the stories they have within them. I like that she understands where people get their inspiration to write the things they have inside of themselves. I also liked that she brought up the point about avoiding topics during writings and that, that was also difficult to avoid writing about a topic that you are especially passionate about. She writes about using original details which can make or break a piece and make it become exactly what you want it to be. Goldberg writes about all of the things that make pieces of writing your own and exceptional.

The Poetry packet was something I absolutely love, I am not a big fan of poetry, but this is something that makes me actually interested in reading poetry. I also didn't know that there were so many different styles of writing when it came to poetry. This packet made it a lot easier for me to look into writing poetry and I liked what I wrote trying out the different styles presented in the packet. I think I will continue looking into poetry and trying out different styles because I am starting to like the way I write when I write poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment